Summertime at the CHS baseball field. Of course the old ballplayer, Dick Anderson was early to the ballpark as well as Dwain Coleman and our host Tom Whaley.
President Tony Rubin called the meeting to order with a moment of silence, a ring of the bell, a joke, and a sock challenge. Tony is providing prizes for the member with the most exotic socks each week and the first winner was Sean Merkel!
Guests: Jim Christenson brought a guest, Bill Manwarner. Dick Nelson brought his wife, Mary, daughter Kerri, son in law Emi, and Mateo his grandson. Chris Leonard brought the new representative for Montgomery Brinkman, Bill Hochburn, and Clint Retterath from Armor Mechanical. Craig Blixrud brought Mike Parrish from KPMG.
Honorary Members in attendance were Mark Simon and Ron Britz.
- There will be a board meeting next week after the regular meeting.
- John Winston, Official club photographer, is taking mugshots for the club website. Call him to arrange the shoot. All club members should be shot.
- LVC is having a summer customer appreciation event on July 26 at their Edina location from 11 to 1. All members are invited.
- August 8 Boat Cruise will take the place of our regular meeting that day. Sign up and help us fill the boat with over 100 people.
- Don’t forget our weekly sock challenge and wear your favorite colors. Note to Karen H: Bare legs are not flesh colored socks…
- President Tony Rubin thanked Kelsey Wolter for her service as president with a token of appreciation.
Business Networking: Staples is looking for an Office furniture account representative. Call Jim Christianson with a lead.
Business Exchange: Jon Peterson started today’s exchange and was followed by Dwain Coleman, Jim Christianson, Kelsey Wolter, Chris Leonard, Mark Simon, and Tom Whaley.
Table Introductions: There were no Table introductions today.
Pot of Gold: Drawn by Sean Merkel and won by the Dick Nelson family.
Craft Talk: Sean introduced our craft speaker Tom Whaley.
This is the 4th time the St Paul Saints have hosted the Breakfast club at CHS field, and the Saints have enjoyed their membership in the club and thanked the members for their support of the team.
The Saints are currently in 1st Place in their division. Attendance has been averaging 8100 fans per game with a seating capacity of 7200. Standing Room only tickets are a great value as many fans just wonder around the open concourse enjoying the many amenities as well as viewing the games from many different angles.
Tom spent a lot of time talking about the promotions for which the Saints are well known and how they came about. The “Night of unbelievable fun” and the Bathroom stall tapping foot bobblehead giveaway were discussed in detail.
Coming up will be the “World’s largest food fight” in conjunction with the anniversary of the movie Animal House.
July 18 we will be at the Edina Country Club with Tony Rubin emceeing mini craft talks by several members.
July 25th we will also be at the Edina Country Club.