The early bird this AM was Dick Lindskoog.
President Tony Rubin started us off with a ring of the bell, a moment of silence, and a joke about jewelers. It turns out Tony has many jokes, most of which we won’t have to hear as his presidency has only one more meeting to conduct.
Guests: Apparently, Mike Palm was the only one to read President Tony’s email yesterday and he brought his wife, Shannon to the meeting.
Honorary Members: Dick Linskoog, Ron Britz, and Mark Simon were all in attendance.
- The 2019 Craft Talk Schedule is available for signup. Let Craig Blixrud know your date preference.
- The 2019 Directory is being updated. If you miss updating the hard copy contact Dwain Coleman and also sign up for an ad.
- Tom Ashbaugh brought up that Dave Mitchell is doing well with chemo.
- Jim Christianson brought an office side chair to show off. He has a Breakfast Club special going at $224 per chair vs a retail price of $300.
- A general election was held to elect the officers and directors to serve from January 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019. Jim Christianson moved to elect the slate, Dave Goodwyne seconded, and the slate was approved by a voice vote. See the complete list at the end of this newsletter.
Business Networking: Personnel, Services, and referrals outside of the club needed?
Business Exchange: Dwain Coleman started the day off, followed by Dick Nelson, Tom Ashbaugh, Todd Anderson, Neil Roers, Mike Palm, Dick Lindskoog, and Erik Schindler.
Business Updates: Tom Ashbaugh mentioned you can buy a 30+ year level term life insurance (Just like the mortgages you can get from Jon Peterson).
Sock Challenge: Tom Whaley was the winner with a baseball themed pair in a widely contested race.
Pot of Gold: Dick Anderson drew 5 crinkled cards and Jerry Olson was the winner.
Dick Anderson introduced our craft speaker, Mark Arnold of Continental Diamond.
Mark is married to Kim and they have 2 adult daughters, Ashley and Lexi. He is a Shriner and a Rotarian, lives in Edina, and has been a jeweler for the last 18 years.
His specialty is diamonds and watches and he is a registered jeweler and an expert at grading diamonds.
Continental Diamond has a large inventory of diamonds in all sizes and shapes and can fit every price range. They also buy estate jewelry and resell those items.
Mark answered a lot of questions today and shared his extensive knowledge of his business. Stop by the store and enjoy the shopping experience.
Continental Diamond’s primary goal is to ensure that out client’s jewelry needs and wishes are fulfilled. We strive to provide a fun, convenient and stress-free shopping experience. Our large selection of jewelry, watches, and giftware is coupled with the ultimate in knowledge, fashion, and technology. We welcome you to visit us in our Minneapolis store and look forward to helping you with all of your jewelry needs.
Register to Mark Arnold at 651-295-7619
December 12 will be a guest speaker, Playworks, at the Edina CC. This is the last meeting of 2018!
January 9 will be B2B CFO presented by Peter Eaton at the Edina CC
January 16 will be The Resultants presented by Jerry Olson at the Edina CC
Complete List of Nominees for the Board
President; David Goodwyne
Vice President: Scott Wiyninger
Treasurer: Matt Crane
Secretary: Craig Blixrud
Past President: Tony Rubin