Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter July 10, 2019
Early Birds: Mark Arnold, Dick Anderson and Robert Sandberg showed up first on this beautiful morning.
President Mark Arnold rang the bell to start the first meeting of his term.
Guests: There were no guests today
Honorary Members: Russ Bremner, Dick Nelson, Mark Simon, and Ron Britz joined us this morning.
- The Boat Cruise is planned for August 7th leaving Wayzata bay about 5:30 PM. Cost per person is $100 for guests, Club members are free! We have 45 signups and are on our way to 100.
- We need Craft speakers for July 31 and August 21 &28. Please forward ideas to Craig Blixrud.
- There will be a board meeting next week after the regular meeting.
- Susanne Bonfe mentioned that she is working a Veterans Golf Tourney on July 28 and they are looking to have 15 WWII vets attend.
- Chuck Shreffler gave a preview of next week’s Better Angels craft talk.
- David Goodwyne announced he has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is leaving LVC this week, headed to Alaska, and then will begin Chemo. We wish David all the best on his journey.
- Ron Britz mentioned that his daughter, an illustrator, is having her work featured on the Universal Network show “Where’s Waldo?”.
Business Networking: Houselift is looking for a designer/salesperson.
Business Exchange: Robbie Danko, Tom Ashbaugh, and Dwain Coleman all had something to share.
Business Updates: None today
Table Introductions: Table #1 was introduced by Sean Merkel with a theme of “Vacation Plans”.
Pot of Gold: Mark Arnold drew for mini-craft talks today, but the Pot of Gold went to the Honorary member, Russ Bremner.
Craig Blixrud, Coldwell Banker Burnet, gave an update on the Residential housing market.
Todd Anderson, Carey Limousine, gave an update on his June business. He also had the honor of driving the Ambulance Helicopter pilot who tragically lost his life in a crash.
Mike Palm, Palm Commercial, gave an update on the Lake Minnetonka Caribbean Marina opening.
Jon Peterson, New American Funding, gave us the reasons to refinance our mortgages today.
Susanne Bonfe, Smilekeepers, told us she does wonderful small group mementos for family reunions, small work groups, or just a friend group.
Register to Mark Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-295-7619
July 17 is Better Angels (Chuck Shreffler) at ECC
July 24 is Wooden Hill Brewery (Mark Arnold) at ECC
July 31 is TBD at ECC