Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter December 4, 2019
Early Birds: Dick Anderson and Mark Arnold were there to greet the members this morning.
Guests: Carleton College externs, Andrea, Ruby, and Natalie were guests of Jim Erickson.
Honorary Members: Ron Britz, Dick Nelson, Martin Peyer, Mark Simon, and Russ Bremner all were in attendance.
- Check your calendars! The 2020 Craft talk schedule is being circulated. Contact Craig to get on the schedule.
- The 2020 Directory is being circulated for updates. Make sure to get your ads to Dwain Coleman.
- Jim Erickson is scheduling lunches and business visits with members and the externs. Please contact him to get involved.
- Paul Folger, Ch 5 Anchor, will be a guest speaker on December 11.
- Nominations and candidates for the MBC Board of Directors serving from Jani, 2020 to June 30, 2020 were announced. Jim Erickson will serve as the VP and Jerry Olson will join the board.
- We passed a basket for a gratuity for the wait staff at ECC and will do so next week as well.
- NOTE: there will be a meeting on December 18 at the ECC.
Business Networking: None today
Business Exchange: Bill Junco, Mark Arnold, Mike Palm, John Winston, and Tom Ashbaugh (filling in for Paul Ralles) all had something to share.
Business Updates: None Today
Table Introductions: President Mark asked the Carleton Externs to share their life plans with club instead of selecting a table.
Pot of Gold: Mike Palm was whining about how small last week’s Pot of Gold was, so of course he drew his name as the winner of this week’s large pot.
Mike Palm introduced out team of craft speakers from AAA, Renata Faeth, Catherine Moore, and Barb Fay. Renata’s update is that she is now a grandmother and has two more grandchildren on the way. Catherine has been with AAA for 12 years and been married to Jonathan for 7 years. She is a big fan of the Big Ten school to our south (didn’t catch the name of the school).
Mike asked Catherine what her favorite vacation/trip had been and she replied European River cruises on the Rhone and Danube rivers.
Renata and Catherine gave an overview of trips that AAA is planning for 2020.
- Scandinavia and Russia cruise about $3600/ person
- Canada and New England cruise about $1500 per person
- Caribbean cruise about $800 per person (cruise only)
- Savannah and Charleston Motor Coach about $2000 per person (air and coach)
- Alaskan Cruise about $2000 per person (cruise only)
- Scottsdale and Tucson Motor Coach about $1800 per person (air and coach)
- New York Theater Thanksgiving tour
- President’s Tour to Italy for 10 nights about $4275 per person
- Mystery Motor Coach Tours within 4 hours of the Twin Cities
Other options buy AAA partners are:
- Club Adventures for those seeking a more physically demanding trip
- Trafalgar: Peru only from $2364 and Peru/Ecuador from $5159 per person
- Alexander and Roberts: Egypt from $5831 per person
- Rocky Mountaineer: Canadian Rockies and Banff via train and motor coach from $4999.
Book a trip for next year with Catherine or Renata.
Catherine also updated us on the REAL ID license renewal/upgrade.
Register for the Pot of Gold with Catherine Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-927-2551.
December 11 will be Paul Folger of Channel 5 as a guest of Chuck Shreffler at ECC
December 18 will be Mark Arnold of Continental Diamond at ECC
December 25 and January 1 there will be no meetings.