Early Birds: We ended up with 20 participants today.
Guests: There were no guests today.
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, Mark Simon, and Martin Peyer ZOOMED today.
President Chuck Shreffler opened the meeting by asking for a moment of silence.
- We will not have a meeting next week. Enjoy a long Memorial Day weekend.
- Guess when we meet in person contest update. 12 entries ranging from June 2020 to the end of the year. Certainly, hope it is sooner rather than later.
- Mushroom hinting update from Dave M. Pickings are few and he is currently hoarding this year’s crop.
- Bob Alexander said Select is looking for staff for several outstate stores. Leave the Virus behind and live and work in Northern Minnesota.
- Dave Mitchell is now a moving consultant. He can assist in all business and individual moves.
Jim Christianson, Matt Crane, Karen Holtmeier, Chuck Shreffler, and Jon Peterson all shared today.
Chuck Shreffler led the discussion with a couple of questions.
First-What will you keep from your Stay at Home experience going forward? Bob Alexander, Karen Holtmeier, Jon Peterson, Matt Crane, Jim Christianson, Ron Britz, Chuck Shreffler, Neil Roers, Craig Blixrud, and Mike Palm all had something to share. From learning how to use an Instant Pot, to working from home with young kids, to staying focused on work, to adapting to using technology, there was a lot of discussion on what we learned about home and work life.
Second- What is your attitude about the Virus? Karen Holtmeier thinks she had it earlier this year, the only member that thought that. Mike Palm, Jim Christianson, Martin Peyer, Matt Crane, Robert Sandberg, Jon Peterson, and Dick Anderson all had something to share. Items discussed were; getting the virus sooner rather than later as we all will be exposed to it, wearing or not wearing masks, whether or not you will frequent businesses that require masks, are restaurants and bars in your future, social distancing during softball games and the beer time afterward. Lots of diverse opinions and of course that is what makes this club great!
You can give feedback on this meeting (and topics for future meetings) to Chuck Shreffler at Chuck@chucklaw.com or 612-872-8000 by voice or text.
May 27- No Meeting
June 3 – LVC
June 10 – Carey Limo