Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter July 22, 2020
Early Birds: Dick Anderson, Mark Arnold, and Jon Peterson all enjoyed conversation and a cup of coffee early this AM. We had 15 people at the meeting and another 8 online.
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, Mark Simon, and Dick Nelson were in person or online.
President Jim Erickson brought the meeting to order with a pound of his gavel and a moment of silence
- Show and Tell segment. President Jim Erickson would like to do a weekly Show and Tell segment and this week he showed his hat from Tanzania, a signed Twins Baseball, and a bag of Hemp flowers. Jim is farming 3 acres of Hemp this year down by Lake City and it generated a lively discussion about being a gentleman farmer and the business of Hemp farming.
- Chuck Shreffler gave us an update on Better Angels who gave a craft talk last year. They have been renamed Braver Angels and they have a ZOOM mtg scheduled to discuss racism and other topics. Contact Chuck for log on info.
- President Jim Erickson’s straw poll for President was being circulated again today.
- Club VP- We are in need of a VP that will also serve as president next year from January thru June of 2021. Please contact Jim Erickson if interested.
- We have craft talk openings available in October. Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar.
Doing business with each other is a hallmark of this club. Sharing today were Paul Ralles, Bob Alexander, and Jon Peterson.
Ed Crandall of Five Star Painting gave the craft talk today. Ed’s company does about 60% exterior painting and 40% interior. His business mix is 75% residential and 25% commercial. They also do light wood and drywall repairs as needed to complete a painting task.
About 50% of his business comes from referrals and his marketing is focused on the internet.
Generally, his business is focused on the southwest part of the Twin Cities, but he goes further for referred business.
COVID-19 slowed his business greatly early this year, but it has really picked up in the last couple months. Occasionally he has trouble getting paint as a result of the March Covid-19 shutdown.
In interesting fact is that he has painted 9 homes in the Linden Hills area this year and perhaps another 4 will occur as well.
Please register to Ed at 612-860-5417 or Ed.Crandall@fivestarpainting.com
Please contact Jim Erickson with comments or suggestions for future meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-325-3009.
July 29- St. Paul Saints @ CHS Field starting at 7 AM
August 5 – New American Funding @ ECC and Virtual
August 12- Twin City Group @ ECC and Virtual