Early Birds: A late start to the early morning crowd as Craig Blixrud and Ron Britz were first to arrive. We ended with 26 attendees including 3 via Zoom.
Guests: Jim Christianson brought his daughter, Jacqueline from San Diego and his granddaughter, Chloe from Prior Lake. Jacqueline had last been at the club 15 years ago.
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, and Mark Simon were in person.
President Jim Erickson brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence
- Show and Tell was provided by Mike Palm who showed off a portion of his collection of old golf clubs and his extensive knowledge of what types of clubs that the golf greats played with.
- Apparently, we all forgot that Jim Erickson had asked us to wear our wildest shirt this week and he won his own contest with a Hawaiian shirt. Next week wear your wildest T-shirt. I hope to see Bill McReavy Jr in a Rolling Stones shirt.
- Tip of the Day from Jim Erickson, (the Hemp farmer), is to invest in BitCoins.
- Club VP- We are in need of a VP that will also serve as president next year from January thru June of 2021. Please contact Jim Erickson if interested.
- We have craft talk openings available in October. Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar.
Randy Korn is back looking for carpenters. 3 other club members are looking to hire as well.
Doing business with each other is a hallmark of this club. Jim Christianson, Todd Anderson, and Craig Blixrud all shared today. As did Jon Peterson in his presentation.
Jon Peterson of New American Funding gave today’s craft talk. Jon has been married to Deanne for 30 yrs and they have 2 sons, Connor and Alex. He is from “up North” and still visits regularly.
About a year ago, New American Funding bought Jon’s Marketplace Home Mortgage. As the transition has completed, it is has gone quite smoothly.
NAF has won numerous national awards as a mortgage lender and has over 500+ employees. They are a direct lender and servicer and manage all of this in house.
Jon and his team of his son, Connor, and Kacey, their assistant, can do all types of residential lending including FHA, VA, USDA, and conventional loans for personal homes, 2nd homes, investment residential properties of up to 4 units and construction loans. They also do cash out Refinancing at great rates.
Jon could also arrange for a Reverse Mortgage for someone looking for ready tax-free cash from the equity in their property.
Jon thanked the many club members that have worked and/or referred clients to him.
For any of your residential financing needs, start with a conversation with Jon.
Please register with Jon Peterson. He can be reached at email@example.com or 763-360-9652.
August 12- Midwest One @ ECC and Virtual. Tip of the day by Mark Arnold and Show and Tell by Jim Christianson
August 19- Guest Speaker @ECC and Virtual
August 25- DJ Kranz @ECC and Virtual