Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter August 26, 2020
Early Birds: Tom Ashbaugh was the first to arrive and he was joined by Mark Arnold and Ron Britz. We had 14 folks in house and 5 zia ZOOM.
Guests: Mark Ahmann, Christensen Insurance came for a 2nd visit. Cathy Daluge also brought her Dad, Tom Donnelly.
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Tom Donnelly, Ron Britz, and Dick Nelson were in attendance.
President Jim Erickson brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- There is a board meeting today after the breakfast meeting.
- No Meeting next week (September 2). Enjoy Labor Day weekend!
- ZOOM link is 837-250-6494, and Password is Breakfast.
- Wild Shirt day was won by Todd Anderson with a Wild jersey on.
- Today’s Tip of the Day was provided by Tom Ashbaugh. “It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.” The best time to buy life insurance was 20 years ago, the 2nd best time is now…
- POPP has resigned from the club.
- We have craft talk openings available in October. Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar.
Pot of Gold Julius Webster drew and the fifth card was Todd Anderson’s.
Doing business with each other is a hallmark of this club. Mark Arnold, Dwain Coleman, and Tom Ashbaugh all had something to share today.
Julius Webster gave today’s craft talk without a power point and without his co-worker who was held up in traffic on I-94. Julius has been with DJ Kranz for 24 years and the company rep for the Breakfast Club for the last 6 years. DJ Kranz has been in the Breakfast Club since 1985.
DJ Kranz was founded in 1928 by Dominque Kranz as a residential builder. Today it is owned by Bruce Quam and is focused on commercial construction. At one time the company employed its own trades people and had over 300 employees. Today, the company hires trades on an as-needed basis and has 30 employees focused on construction management.
They do all kinds of commercial construction projects from office remodeling to starting with bare ground and building a facility and grounds.
They are extremely proud of their long term relationships with their clients such as North Memorial and Luther Automotive.
Call Julius for a consultation on any commercial construction needs you may have.
Please register with Julius Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-834-0982.
September 2- No Meeting
September 9- Insperity @ ECC and Tip of the day will be by Ron Britz and Show and Tell by Jon Peterson.
September 16- Club Business meeting @ECC