Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter January 13, 2021
Early Birds: ZOOM Meetings only for a time We had 16 participants today. We usually start the meeting online at 7:15 AM. Bob Alexander, Mike Palm, and Dick Anderson were the first to log on.
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, and Dick Nelson, were in attendance.
New President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- Todd Anderson checked in and asked for our thoughts and prayers for his wife Heidi as she deals with a health issue.
- The Edina CC is open for business. Weigh in on your thoughts of meeting in person with President Bob Alexander.
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
- NEXT MEETING is January 20, 2021 via ZOOM.
Pot of Gold: None today
President Bob Alexander selected 3 members to give a mini- craft talk today.
First up was Neil Roers of Midwest One. Neil talked about round two of the PPP that is just rolling out, Forgiveness on PPP loans, the taxable implications of forgiven loans, and how the volume of loan requests has dropped. For more info contact Neil. On a personal note, Neil survived COVID-19 this year with so few symptoms that his wife banished him to the lake.
Next up was Kristen Baas of Insperity. Insperity has been having a record year as more and more companies outsource and/or need a HR department. Kristen is doing great herself as she is #3 out of 600 sales reps in 2020. Congrats! Kristen gave us an overview on what is included in payroll expenses beyond just the wages for calculating PPP wages and benefits. For more info give her a call as well. On a personal note, her daughter is a member of the Chaska HS dance team and they are hoping to compete at events this winter.
Last up was Mike Palm of Palm Commercial. He thanked a number of members that he is working with such as Karen Holtmeier, Tom Donnelly, and Chuck Shreffler. He also mentioned that he has been quietly involved in the Staples and Office Depot/Officemax merger. NOT! Call Mike to get your commercial real estate needs met.
Any suggestion for future craft talks please pass them on to Bob Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-720-1450.
January 20, 2021- TBD Topic via ZOOM
January 27, 2021- TBD
February 3, 2021 – TBD