Early Birds: ZOOM Meeting today. We had 17 participants today. We usually start the meeting online at 7:15 AM. Bob Alexander and Dick Anderson were the first to log on.
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, Martin Peyer, and Dick Nelson, were in attendance.
New President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- NEXT WEEK IS A HYBRID MEETING! We will meet at the Edina Country Club and via ZOOM.
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- Todd Anderson updated us on Heidi. She is home and recovering.
- There will be a board meeting next week.
- Dwain Coleman says hello and hopes to see us soon.
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
Pot of Gold: None today.
Business Exchange/Sharing: None today.
President Bob Alexander selected 3 members to give a mini- craft talk today.
First up was Mark Ahmann of the Christenson Group. On a personal note his wife a health care worker has had her first vaccine shot. No updates on his son who was on the way to basic training and ended up quarantined for 4 weeks. On the business side there has been a lot of activity since the beginning of the year in all segments of insurance. Rates are moving up, moving down, or staying about the same depending on the type of coverage you are looking for. Mark has enjoyed everything about the Christenson Group since he joined them last year. Give Mark a call to review your coverages.
Next up was Jerry Olson of Resultants. On the personal side, he and his family are all doing well. Lots of outside activities have kept them busy. They are expecting another grandchild this year. Resultants has been very busy helping their clients navigate through the pandemic. They don’t have many hospitality clients or retail clients do the pandemic hasn’t destroyed their businesses. Pandemic lessons are that you have to be quick on your feet, adapt to survive, and chaos may equal opportunity. Resultants now is only a virtual office and is expanding into to Indianapolis area.
Lastly Martin Peyer of Sioux Falls and St Louis Park weighed in. He travels back and forth from SD every 3-4 weeks. They have spent a lot of time isolating. On the business side, he brought us up to date on how his Montessori School in Florida has handled the pandemic and thrived. They are also planning on expanding by adding more grades.
Any suggestion for future craft talks please pass them on to Bob Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-720-1450.
January 27, 2021- Hybrid Meeting at Edina CC and via ZOOM
February 3, 2021 – Hybrid Meeting
February 10, 2021 – Hybrid Meeting