Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter February 3, 2021
Early Birds: Hybrid meeting today. Jon Peterson and Bob Alexander were the first to arrive in Edina. We had 11 in-person and 6 via ZOOM today. We usually start the meeting online at 7:15 AM.
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier and Dave Mitchell were in attendance.
President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- NEXT WEEK IS A HYBRID MEETING! We will meet at the Edina Country Club and via ZOOM.
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- Todd Anderson gave a Heidi update. She had a good followup and hopes to be golfing this summer and skiing next winter. Watch out for falls at home,
- We are looking for one or two board members. Please contact Bob Alexander.
- Several club members have been receiving COVID vaccines without side effects. Karen H and Bob A are the latest.
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
Pot of Gold: None today
Jon Peterson started us off on a great exchange. He was followed by Mark Arnold, Craig Blixrud, Paul Ralles, Dave Mitchell, Jim Christianson, Chuck Shreffler, and Mike Palm.
President Bob divided us up into 4 groups to discuss how well various Gopher sports teams were going to do in their upcoming seasons and if their coaches are on the hot seat. Of course, Paul Ralles’s team got Men’s Gopher hockey and all he wanted to talk about was the UMD Bulldogs. Other team’s discussed were Men’s Basketball, Football, and Women’s Hockey.
Any suggestion for future craft talks please pass them on to Bob Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-720-1450.
February 10, 2021 – Hybrid Meeting, Craft Talk TBD
February 17, 2021 – Hybrid meeting
February 24, 2021 – Hybrid Meeting