Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter April 7, 2021
Early Birds: First to arrive at ECC were Bob Alexander and Dwain Coleman! It was a Hybrid meeting today. We had 20 at the Edina CC and 3 via Zoom. We start the ZOOM meeting about 7:15 am
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Karen Holtmeier, Ron Britz, and Dave Mitchell were in attendance today.
Guests: Mike Langer was brought by Dave Mitchell and he will be the new Berger Representative.
President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- We are looking for a Club Vice President. Please contact Bob Alexander (or you may be drafted).
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
- John Colwell, Honorary member, passed last week. His obituary can be found in the StarTribune or at the Washburn-McReavy website.
- Thanks to Tom Whaley for giving us an entertaining craft talk regarding the St. Paul Saints, exploding cars, and lutefisk.
- Mike Palm had a show and tell on the UMD Bulldogs with a championship ring for their hockey exploits.
Pot of Gold: Tom Ashbaugh drew Mike Langer’s name for a mini-craft talk. Bob Alexander was the big winner with the 5th card drawn.
Table Introductions: Keith Kovacevick introduced his table by asking for their retirement plans.
Peter Eaton, Dwain Coleman, Jim Erickson, Jim Christianson, and Paul Ralles all had something to share.
Bob Alexander covered the last chapter in Harvey MacKay’s book on the ABC’s of success. Today’s topic was Entrepreneurship.
Please register with Bob Alexander at email@example.com or 612-720-1450.
April 14, 2021 – Hybrid meeting Craft Talk TBD.
April 21, 2021 – Hybrid meeting Craft Talk Hemp farming with Jim Erickson
April 28,2021 – Hybrid meeting Craft Talk on current Corvette technology with Ron Britz