Early Birds: The author wasn’t at ECC so we don’t have an early bird report. Tony Rubin joined us via ZOOM about 7:30 AM. We start the ZOOM meeting about 7:15 am
Guests: None today
Honorary Members: Dave Mitchell was in attendance.
Guests: Dan Salem was brought by Tom Ashbaugh.
President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- There is a board meeting next week to discuss dues, meetings without ZOOM, etc. Please get your input to a board member.
- We are looking for a Club Vice President. Please contact Bob Alexander (or you may be drafted).
- Next week, Jim Erickson will have a craft talk on the Hemp industry with several guests. Jim Erickson will bring three CBD retailers to demonstrate and educate about CBD products. Jim will review his experience as a first year hemp grower in 2020. See minnygrown.com, www.hwlounge.com and www.mnhempcoop.com
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
Pot of Gold: Tom Ashbaugh won the Pot of Gold and Mike Palm won the mini-craft talk. Mike said he expects 2021 to be much improved over 2020 for his firm.
A neighbor of members had something to share.
Dan Salem was drafted to give us a craft talk on the Minneapolis Restaurant scene. Dan is with Blue Point Restaurant group and has over 40 years of experience in the industry.
Dan gave us an overview of openings and closings of downtown eateries and the impact of COVID-19 shutdowns and the long term impact of working from home.
He also touched a number of industry topics such as: Minimum wages, Tipping vs no-tipping between generations, loss of retail businesses downtown, Food Trucks, Ghost Kitchens, Millennial restaurant usage, differentiation between restaurants, City government meddling in restaurant operations.
I real interesting topic with lots of good info. Thanks to Dan for giving us a craft talk and a long Q and A session.
Please register with Bob Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-720-1450.
April 21, 2021 – Hybrid meeting Craft Talk Hemp farming with Jim Erickson
April 28, 2021- Hybrid meeting Craft Talk on current Corvette technology with Ron Britz