Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter April 21, 2021
Early Birds: John Winston, Dwain Coleman, and Bob Alexander were the early birds.
Honorary Members: Ron Britz, Martin Peyer, John Winston, Dick Nelson, Susanne Bonfe, Dick Lindskoog, and Dave Mitchell were in attendance.
Guests: Jim Erickson brought a number of colleagues from the Hemp industry to breakfast; Michael Itman, Andrea Carpenter, Jules L’Herault, Zach Rohr, Chadwick Lange, and Scott Wood.
President Bob Alexander brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- ZOOM link is https://us04web.zoom.us/j/8372506494?pwd=RStMTVU4bVVDTU0vZU5UdXNSWTZoQT09 or meeting ID 837 250 6494 password is Breakfast
- President Bob Alexander presented a gavel to thank Jim Erickson for his term as president in 2020.
- There is a Board meeting today.
- Sign up for your 2021 Craft Talk! Please contact Craig Blixrud to get on the calendar or with your ideas for craft talks.
- We are looking for a Club Vice President. Please contact Bob Alexander (or you may be drafted).
- We are always looking for suggestions for new members. A great time to join as the dues are currently waived and ZOOM allows easy access to meetings.
Pot of Gold: Rob Britz drew for the pot of gold and Dwain Coleman was the big winner.
Dwain Coleman and Mark Ahmann has business to share.
Dan Jim Erickson gave a craft talk on the state of the Hemp industry with the assistance of his guests. They also provided samples of CBD products that are made from Hemp.
The speakers covered the Hemp industry from growing to processing to product manufacturing to retail sales. One thing that is missing is distribution, much of the industry is very vertical where growers end up with their own stores or online to sell their crop. There is a lot of room for expansion as there are over 500 products that can be produced from hemp.
Please register with Jim Erickson at Jim@solomonssg.com or 612-325-3009.
April 28,2021- Hybrid meeting Craft Talk on current Corvette technology with Ron Britz
May 5, 2021- Cinco de Mayo (or another topic)