Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter August 4, 2021
Early Birds: Dwain Coleman and Bob Alexander were the early birds today.
Honorary Members: Mark Simon, Dick Nelson, Martin Peyer, and Karen Holtmeier were in attendance.
Guests: John Winston, Dick Steiner, and Neil Roers were guest today.
Past President Bob Alexander sitting in for President Jon Peterson brought the meeting to order with a ring of the bell and a moment of silence.
- The Craft Talk scheduled will be circulated each week. We have open dates in September and November.
- Roster update will start soon led by Dwain Coleman. Please let him know if you will be placing an ad in the roster book.
- We need a Vice President for the club. Interested? Contact President Jon.
- Boat cruise is scheduled for Wednesday, August 25, 2021, about 5:45 PM. Cost is $95 per person, and we have lots of room for friends, employees, customers, and family members. Contact Mike Palm to register.
- Russ Bremner’s funeral will be August 12th at 11 AM in Minneapolis. Contact Ed Crandall for more details.
Pot of Gold: Paul Ralles drew Craig Blixrud’s name for a mini-craft talk and Julius Webster was the big winner with the 5th card drawn.
Business Networking: Randy Korn needs a carpenter and a sales/design person.
Business Exchange/Sharing: Sharing today were Dwain Coleman, Dick Nelson, Martin Peyer, and Mike Palm.
Table introductions: None Today
John Winston introduced his neighbor and friend, Dick Steiner. Dick is from Ortonville, MN and went to the U of M, joined the ROTC, transferred to South Dakota State and served in the Air Force for many years as a fighter pilot. He flew 56 missions during the Vietnam war and was stationed around the world at numerous Air Force bases. Upon leaving the Air Force, Dick flew for United Airlines until the mandatory retirement age of 60.
Flying was something Dick always wanted to do and in his words, “He never worked a day in his life”. Dick regaled us stories from his flying days in the military and civilian careers.
For registration contact Jon Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-360-9652.
August 11, 2021- Joint meeting with US Representative Dean Phillips as the guest speaker at ECC.
August 18, 2021 – Connor Peterson of NAF
August 25, 2021 – No morning meeting, Boat Cruise in evening.
September 1, 2021- TBD @ ECC