Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter May 25, 2022
Early Birds: Early birds today were Dwain Coleman, Bob Alexander, and Jon Peterson.
Call to Order: Jon Peterson called the meeting to order.
Honorary Members: Mark Simon, Karen Holtmeier, Bob Alexander, and Martin Peyer were in attendance today.
Guests: None today
- Jim Erickson has COVID, Wish him well in hi recovery.
- We need a President, Vice President, and Board members for the club starting in the July thru December 2022 term. Interested? Contact Past President Jon Peterson.
- 2022 Craft Talk dates are available. Sign up with Craig Blixrud.
- 2022 Rosters are available to be picked up.
- Please bring a friend to a craft talk.
Business Exchange: Sharing today was Dwain Coleman.
Pot of Gold: Jon Peterson drew 5 cards and the winner was (drumroll) Jon Peterson.
Jon Peterson introduced Brian Knight of Bullseye Media.
Brian and his team have brainstormed a number of ways to energize our club, attract new members, and make it more fun to be a part of the club. With the info they have put together they will be surveying the club in the near future to develop a go-forward plan. Some of the ideas put discussed this week were:
- Change the time of the meeting
- Change the frequency of the meeting
- Have an extended schedule published so more people can plan on attending and we have more time to market to potential members and have more content about the craft speaker.
- Add more guest speakers and perhaps pay honorariums to some.
- Focus on knowledge transfer as a feature of membership.
- Have Offsite events
- Add a Community Involvement component.
- Bring Guests and make it a requirement of 2 per year per existing members.
Lots of good discussion and we are interested in what other members have to say about the ideas.
To register call, text, or email Brian at 612-508-3491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s Up Next:
Our next speaker will be member Tony Rubin. Tony is the First Vice President – Investments for Rudin & Rubin Financial Group of Wells Fargo Advisors Private Client Group. He has worked in many different aspects of finance and financial advising, but is specifically talking to the Breakfast Club this week about financial impact on families. We are looking forward to an exciting discussion that covers topics such as:
- Interest Rates
- Stock Market Volatility
…and the impact they have on today’s families. RSVP here to let us know you’re coming!
June 1 Rudin and Rubin of Wells Fargo Financial Advisors @ECC
June 8 TBD
June 15 Carey Limo @ECC
June 22 TBD