Minneapolis Breakfast Club Newsletter June 8, 2022
Early Birds: Early birds today were Dwain Coleman, Drew Wolter, and Ron Britz.
Call to Order: Jon Peterson called the meeting to order.
Honorary Members: Ron Britz, Mark Simon, and Karen Holtmeier were in attendance today.
Guests: None today
- We need a President, Vice President, and Board members for the club starting in the July thru December 2022 term. Interested? Contact Past President Jon Peterson.
- 2022 Craft Talk dates are available. Sign up with Craig Blixrud.
- 2022 Rosters are available to be picked up.
- Please bring a friend to a craft talk. How next week with Carey Limo speaking.
Business Networking: Randy Korn is still looking for a sales/project lead and a lead carpenter.
Business Exchange: None today.
Pot of Gold: Jon Peterson drew 5 crumpled cards and Dwain Coleman was the big winner.
Tony Mark Simon was going to introduce today’s speaker, Mr. TBD, but had to pivot and introduce Chuck Shreffler, our resident swimmer, wood turner, litigator, and Notre Dame alumni.
Chuck brought us up to date on his family, who are spread out around the country and serving our country.
Chuck’s topic of the day was the book written by Jordan Peterson on “12 Rules for Life, an antidote for chaos”.
Several members were familiar with the author and his rules and recommend the book as well.
An excerpt of 3 rules are;
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today.
- Tell the truth-or, at least, don’t lie
For the rest of the rules, read the book or better yet call or email Chuck to register at 612-872-8000 or email@example.com
June 15 Carey Limo @ECC
June 22 TBD
June 29 No meeting (5th Wednesday)
July 6 No meeting (Holiday)